Friday, October 10, 2014

English Test



Review2


A)


1) Interesting.


2)Association.


3)Unfortunately


4)knowledge


5)Equipment


6)Enjoyable


7)Competition.


8)Trainer.


9)opponents.


10)Medalist.


B)


11)I refuse to put up with people who cheat at games.


12)The current champion was knocked out of the second round of the competition.


13)I used to love basketball, but I’ve gone off team sports lately.


14)Trainer asked us to carry on with the activity while he answered the phone.


15)The organisers had to bring the rase forward by a week.


16)You should think about taking up a martial art, to defend yourself.


17)Although she was very young, Olivia took to swimming as soon as she tried it.


18)Rob had to pull out of the race because of a last minute injury.


C)


19)Our tennis match started at one o’clock and were still playing at four.


At four o’clock, we had been playing tennis for three hours.


20)Terry never used to spend so much time playing on his computer.


Terry didn’t use to spend so much time playing on his computer.


21)Before we play, check all the cards are there.


Before we play, make certain that all the cards are there.


22)Hang-gliding can be dangerous, but after a while you don’t mind it.


Hang-gliding can be dangerous, but after a while you get used to it.


23)I ran fifteen miles, and then my trainer told me to do fifty push-ups!


When mi trainer told me to do fifty push-ups, I had already run fifteen miles.


24)We wouldn’t spend so much time indoors when I was young.


We never used to spend so much time indoor when I was young.


25)I spend a lot of my time ion my hobbies.


My hobbies take up a lot of my time.


26)I would rather play ludo than snakes and ladders.


I would prefer to play ludo rather than snakes and ladders.


27)I don’t think it’s likely that you’ll win the competition.


I think there’s little chance of your winning the competition.


D)


28)C


29)C


30)A


31)C


32)A


33)C


34)B


E)


35)C


36)D


37)C


38)A


39)D


40)B


41)C

No comments:

Post a Comment